Nothing but the hits.
The good tunes just keep coming my way and there's some really special ones that I'm particularly excited about this week:
- Leon Bridges is back with a pair of new songs (and a Sophomore album release date!) including "Bad Bad News" which might be my favorite track he's ever released.
- That song that looks like crazy jumbled hieroglyphics? Oh that's just UK artist Four Tet releasing music under a crazier pseudonym than...
- Nicolas Jaar, whose album 2012-2017 released under moniker A.A.L (Against All Logic) is my latest obsession. If you haven't given it a spin, you're missing out. But I'm giving you track "Now U Got Me Hooked" to make it easy for you.
- Can Courtney Barnett do any wrong? Based on the advanced tracks from her upcoming album, including "Need A Little Time", I would say...nope.
- Ecuadorian artist Maria Usbeck just put out a new single (featured on Lineup #182), which reminded me to revisit her 2016 stunner, "Moai Y Yo". If there's any song that will bring you a sense of calm on this week's Lineup, it's this one.
- I've been skeptical of Julian Casablancas' band The Voidz but after listening to "AlieNNatioN" I have been converted into a true believer.
Until next Monday.